Network Isolation Failure

May 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I’ve been trying to get network isolation to work in lab manager, just in a simple workgroup configuration.  My external network adapter has not been able to pick up an IP from the external DHCP server in this configuration, so the configuration for network isolation is failing, and the agents are not starting.  I saw a couple of other threads related to this issue, but they did not end with a resolution.

This is the error reported for LabNetworkAgentService:

The description for Event ID 3 from source LabNetworkAgentService cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Failed to find a DHCP enabled adapter with a valid IPv4 address OSCode: 0

Coordinator
May 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Sorry David for being late I didn't see this until this moment, I will check discussion alert, because this is the first one :-) 

I am trying to re produce your issue but I couldn't, so If I were you I will try create VM out of the Lab Management and fix the DHCP problems first.